Direct Primary Care
Direct Primary Care (DPC) is an alternative model of primary care that is gaining popularity across the US. DPC prioritizes the patient-doctor relationship, minimizing the influence of outside forces such as insurance companies, large healthcare organizations, and government. It places the emphasis on you, the patient, and puts your healthcare decisions directly in the hands of you and your doctor.
When primary care is valued, your doctor is enabled to know you as an individual, to be accessible to you as your initial contact for your care, and to be your advocate within the larger healthcare system. It does this through a reasonable monthly fee that is directly between you and your physician.
DIRECT PRIMARY CARE:
- Helps you to take control of your own healthcare
- Prioritizes and supports the patient-doctor primary care relationship
- Offers pricing designed to be reasonable and transparent
- Is not insurance
- Is not concierge medicine (distinguished by cost and the role of insurance)
- Is supported by the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Is an option for employers who want to offer healthcare to employees